QUIZ ANSWERS: PRINTING TERMS
Our printing terms quiz is a test of 20 questions. Here are the answers to our quiz.
1. The staple is used in what type of binding?
C. Saddle Stitch
2. The weight, in pounds, of a ream (500 sheets) of paper cut to its basic size?
A. Basis Weight
3. The degree of tones in an image ranging from highlight to shadow?
4. The term for the phenomenon of middle pages of a folded signature extending slightly beyond outside pages?
5. The phenomenon of halftone dots printing larger on paper than they appear on the plate is known as?
B. Dot Gain
6. Another name for an outlined halftone?
7. Identify the type of fold pictured above:
C. Basic Fold
8. Identify the type of fold pictured above:
D. Gate Fold
9. Identify the type of fold pictured above:
B. Barrel Fold
10. Identify the type of fold pictured above:
A. Accordion Fold
11. The term for the set of activities required to prepare a press or other machine to function for a specific printing or bindery job?
12. To print one ink so that it slightly overlaps another where the edge of the two meet is called a?
13. The term for a flat finish on printing paper?
14. Halftone dots with halos are known as?
D. Soft Dots
15. Edge enhancement and peaking are synonymous with what term for making an image appear in sharper focus that the original photograph?
D. Unsharp Masking
16. The term for an undesirable pattern resulting when halftones or screen tints are made with improperly aligned screens, or when a pattern in a photo interacts with a halftone dot pattern?
17. The term for stationery paper or other stocks made with a high percentage of cotton?
18. The darkest area of a photograph or illustration is known as the...?
19. A magnifying lens built into a small stand is known as a?
20. The reservoir(s) on a printing press that holds ink is known as a?