How to Acquire a USPS Intelligent Mail Barcode Mailer ID
Current Postnet Barcodes will become obsolete in May 2011.
To create an IMb account for your organization:
- Go to the bottom-right corner of the www.USPS.com website screen and click the grey, underlined link to Business Customer Gateway. This link will take you to the log-in page.
- Find the "Log-In Box": New users should click "Sign-Up" at the bottom. Returning Users with existing usernames and passwords may "Sign In".
- New User Sign Up Screen: Create a Username and Password. Click "Continue."
- Profile Account Type Screen: Select "Business." Click "Continue."
- Business Profile Screen: Red asterisks indicate required information. Click "Continue."
- Company Profile Summary: Verify your Company Account Information by clicking "Edit" or "Continue."
- Agree to the Privacy Act Statement. Then click "Continue."
- Select a Business Service Screen: Look for the "Design & Prepare" Boxed section, select "Mailer ID." Click "Continue."
- Select Business Locations Screen: Check your location and Click "Next".
- Add a Service Screen: Click "Confirm". NOTE: The CRID # listed here is NOT your Mailer ID number!
- Business Service Administrator (BSA) Page: Read the information and then CHECK "I certify….", then click "Yes".
- Business Service Administrator (Access Granted) Page: Click "Continue."
- Business Customer Gateway Opening Page will re-open. Click "SIGN OUT" at the top of page.
To create your Mailer ID once you have an account:
- If you just signed up: Go to your email and open the USPS email. Scroll down & Click "Sign in and get started link".
- If you've signed in before: Go to the bottom-right corner of the www.USPS.com website screen and click the grey, underlined link to Business Customer Gateway. This link will take you to the log-in page.
- Find the "Log-In Box" and "Sign In" with your username and password
- Find the "Design & Prepare Box": Click on Mailer ID.
- Welcome to the Mailer ID System Screen: In the "Mailer ID Search Box, click "Request a MID" by clicking the red circular button at the bottom of the box.
- Apply for a Mailer ID Screen: Beside the "MID Type/Company Name" line, use drop down arrow to select 9-digit MID. Beside "# of MIDs Requested" input 1. Click Request MIDs.
- Mailer ID Program Option Details Screen: Select "Automatically generate this Mailer ID" on the left, and select "Full/Basic Service" on the right. Click Request MIDs.
- Program Options Screen: system will issue your new Mailer ID #. Record this number and sign out. This number is your Mailer ID number.
If you have any questions regarding Intelligent Mail Barcodes or specific information about the Programs & Services associated with this new service, please go to http://ribbs.usps.gov/